What is a yeast infection?
- A vaginal infection common in pregnant women.
- Caused by the hormones that increase during pregnancy
What are the symptoms?
- Itchiness, soreness, burning, and redness.
- Discomfort or pain during sex.
- Burning when you pee
- White vaginal discharge
What should you do?
- If you think you have a yeast infection, go to the doctor.
- Your doctor will give you a cream if needed.
- A yeast infection will not hurt your baby, but you should still treat it. It can be bad for the baby if you deliver with a yeast infection.
How can you lower your risk of getting one?
- Wear cotton underwear and stay away from stockings and tight pants.
- Get out of a wet bathing suit right after swimming.
- Sleep without underwear at night.
- Avoid bubble baths and scented soaps.