Vaginal discharge during pregnancy:
- It may seem like you have more discharge during pregnancy. You do! It’s because of the extra hormones and blood flow.
- The discharge should be either mild smelling or not smell at all, and it should look milky.
- If your discharge is thin and clear and you can’t tell if it’s normal discharge or amniotic fluid, call your doctor.
- If you are not yet 37 weeks pregnant and you notice more discharge than before or yours is watery, bloody (even a little), or mucus-like, call your doctor.
- If your discharge is gray, green, or yellow, or it smells bad, call your doctor.
- For normal pregnancy discharge, use panty liners to keep your underwear clean and dry. Do not use tampons while pregnant.