Why should you do a hospital tour?
- A hospital tour can help any anxiety you have about delivery.
- You will learn about when to call your doctor, where to park, where to go when you get to the hospital, and what the hospital’s visiting hours are.
- You will also learn about what to pack in your hospital bag.
- You can fill out paperwork that you would otherwise have to do the day of delivery.
Here are some questions you might want to ask:
- Can my baby stay in the room with me the whole time?
- Are there breastfeeding resources I can use?
- Are video cameras and cell phones allowed in the labor and delivery room?
- How many people can be in the delivery room with me?
- Can my partner spend the night with me in the hospital?
- How many visitors can be in the room at once?
- How are costs like TV and phone handled?
- Do kids have to be a certain age to visit?