Water is very important when you’re pregnant
- Water helps get all of the nutrients you eat to your baby.
- Water helps get rid of waste in your body and can lower your risk of getting urinary tract infections.
- Pregnancy makes many women feel hot a lot of the time, but water helps cool your body down.
- Drinking water every day can help keep you from getting headaches.
- A lot of women get itchy skin when they are pregnant. Water helps by keeping your skin moist.
- Water can help keep you from getting too swollen when you are pregnant.
- You can get water from plain drinking water, milk, or fruit juices. Also decaf teas, clear soups, and watermelon and lettuce have a lot of water.
- Try to drink eight glasses of water each day to stay healthy!